Finance Your Academy Course
We offer two course finance options for prospective UK students - Deko and the Professional & Career Development Loan. UK students that need additional financial assistance may also qualify for a Bursary.
You can finance your culinary training through Deko with a loan repayment plan designed to suit your needs.
Secure your place with the course deposit and finance the remaining balance with a loan from Deko that offers affordable monthly payments over a 2 or 4 year term.
Contact us today on (01364) 652784 to discuss your options.
- Finance available on all Chefs Academy courses
- Get an instant decision on finance
- Fixed APR from 9.9% over 2 or 4 years
- No fees for early repayment.
- Parents can finance a child (over 18 years)
The examples below illustrate typical finance plans available for Chefs Academy courses (subject to status).
Certificate in Professional Cookery
24 Month Plan
Diploma in Professional Patisserie
48 Month Plan
Professional Culinary Diploma
48 Month Plan
Call Customer Service on (01364) 652784 to start your application.
Deko Frequently Asked Questions
Finance offers a structured repayment plan at a fixed rate to allow you take spread the cost of a cookery course with us.
Course finance for our Chefs Academy courses can enable you to fast-track your career development with manageable payments rather than having to pay up front.
The rates of interest are typically lower than a credit card and you can pay off the loan early without penalty.
- You must be 18 years old or over.
- In regular full or part time employment (minimum 16 hours per week, unless you are retired or a house person with a spouse in full time employment).
- Be a permanent UK resident and able to supply a UK address history for the last 3 years.
- You must have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits.
- No adverse credit history (no CCJ's, IVA's or bankruptcies).
- The deposit must be paid using a credit or debit card.
Yes, as long as you are over 18 and your parents/partner qualify for finance they can take out finance for a course for you to take. They would be fully liable for the loan.
Yes, if you are choosing our accommodation option this can be included in the overall cost of the loan. We cannot finance other accommodation options.
Yes, just tell us the courses that you want to do, and the duration of the payment plan you wish and we will create the finance plan for you.
You will be required to make a non-refundable deposit (around 10%) of the course fee up front to the Chefs Academy secure your place on the course. When you take out finance with Deko, you will be required to make a deposit of 10% of the loan amount.
On our Chefs Academy courses you can pay a larger deposit of up to 50% to create a payment plan that best suits you. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
You have a 14 day 'cooling-off' period from the date you sign your agreement to change your mind about the loan. After this period our standard cancellation policy will apply. If you start the course before your 'cooling off' period ends you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions of the loan.
Your application should take around 5 minutes over the phone. You will be asked around 5 or 6 basic questions and will then be sent an online link for you to complete your application. Once you have been approved by Deko simply pay your deposit and we will send out all of your confirmation details.
Deko is an online finance gateway that links retailers and finance companies. Deko works with reputable, established finance companies including RateSetter. Deko is a trading name of Pay4Later Ltd, licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number: 728646). For more information please visit http://www.dekopay.com
Monthly repayments are taken by direct debit. Repayments start 30 days after your loan application is activated which must be a minimum of 6 weeks prior to the start of the course.
Yes, you can pay off you loan early and not be penalised or charged any more than outlined on your initial plan.
If you miss a repayment instalment you will be charged a fee dependent on your credit amount and interest free time period. This will be outlined in your Terms and Conditions document that will be sent to you by the finance company.
Ashburton Chefs Academy Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register number 776693 and act as a credit intermediary. Finance is provided through the Deko platform by a number of lenders. You will be offered the best rate available based on your credit history and the lenders' credit decision policies.
Deko is a trading name of Pay4Later Ltd who act as a credit intermediary. They are registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/faq.
Explore Further Loan Options:Professional & Career Development Loan
Professional & Career Development Loan
- Commercial Bank Loan up to £10,000
- No interest on loan while you are studying on the course
- Repayments start 1 month after the end of course
Professional and Career Development Loans are commercial bank loans that can be used to help pay for work related learning. You can borrow between £300 and £10,000 to help support the cost of up to two years of learning (or three years if it includes one year's relevant unpaid practical work).
The Government will pay the interest on the loan while you are learning and for one month afterwards. You will then need to start repaying the loan as you would any other commercial loans product. The loan can be used to pay course fees or other costs such as travel and living expenses. You can also use the loan to supplement other forms of support such as grants or bursaries.
As the Professional and Career Development Loan is a commercial loan product, you should make sure you have investigated all the funding options that may be open to you to ensure you take an informed decision about whether the Loan is right for you.
Our learning provider registration number is: 21612.
- Diploma in Professional Patisserie YES
Certificate in Professional CookeryFrom Mid-2018 Professional Culinary DiplomaFrom Mid-2018
To be qualify you must:
- Be aged 18 or over, and
- Be a British citizen, and
- Have been living in the UK for at least 3 years before your course starts, and
- Plan to work in the UK, European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) after the course.
- Unable to finance the course yourself with reasonable or adequate access to funds.
You will need the Ashburton Chefs Academy Ltd learner provider number (21612) when completing your application form.
This loan is currently only available from the Co-operative bank:-
Explore Further Options:Buraries
UK Student Bursaries
For those unable to afford the full fees of Chefs Academy courses, we offer a small number of means-tested bursaries for UK students.
The maximum bursary limit available to any candidate is 30% of course fees although awards greater than 20% of fees are necessarily few in number.
UK Bursary Eligibility
Eligible students or primary course funders (parents/guardians or partners) may apply for a bursary if they meet the eligibility requirements below:
- Student must be resident in the UK to be eligible for a bursary.
- Student must have been accepted on to a Chefs Academy course and received a letter of acceptance prior to application for a bursary.
- Where a Professional & Career Development Loan is available for the course in question, the student should apply for this prior to applying for a bursary.
- The primary funder of the course (student or parent) must be able to demonstrate that they are unable to fund the full cost of the course through income or savings.
- The primary funder of the course must have a household income assessment of less than £36,000 a year to be eligible.
Applicants will need to provide proof of household income and savings so we can assess your eligibility for any award.
What counts as household income
Your household income is your taxable income plus the income of:
- your parents - if you’re under 25 and live with them or depend on them financially;
- one of your parents and their partner - if you’re under 25 and live with them or depend on them financially;
- your partner - if you’re over 25 and live with them;
If you are financing your child’s education
Your household income is the combined income of:
- your child
- your partner
If you are supporting your partner’s application
Your household income is the combined income of you and your partner.
How to Apply
Please contact the Academy Administrator on (01364) 652784 to discuss applying for a bursary.