Finance Your Cookery Course
Professional & Career Development Loan
- Commercial Bank Loan up to £10,000
- No interest on loan while you are studying on the course
- Repayments start 1 month after the end of course
Professional and Career Development Loans are commercial bank loans that can be used to help pay for work related learning. You can borrow between £300 and £10,000 to help support the cost of up to two years of learning (or three years if it includes one year's relevant unpaid practical work).
The Government will pay the interest on the loan while you are learning and for one month afterwards. You will then need to start repaying the loan as you would any other commercial loans product. The loan can be used to pay course fees or other costs such as travel and living expenses. You can also use the loan to supplement other forms of support such as grants or bursaries.
As the Professional and Career Development Loan is a commercial loan product, you should make sure you have investigated all the funding options that may be open to you to ensure you take an informed decision about whether the Loan is right for you.
For further information on financial assistance to support your learning, visit www.direct.gov.uk/adultlearning or contact Next Step on 0800 100 900.
Our learning provider registration number is: 20908.
- Certificate in Professional Cookery 4 Week
- Professional Culinary Diploma 20 Week
- Diploma in Professional Patisserie 20 Week
Who can apply?
To apply you must:
- be UK residents
- be aged between 18 and 69 years of age
- not had any County court judgments (CCJs), been declared bankrupt or defaulted on any credit agreement in the last 6 years.
- plan to work in the UK, European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) after the course
- not have reasonable or adequate access to funds to pay for the course yourself
Notes on applying for a loan
These notes have been added by the Chefs Academy for student clarification.
- There is one bank that currently offer the scheme, The Co-operative Bank.
- You will be required to complete an application form from your chosen bank, referencing our learner provider registration number.
- Loans availble from £300 to £10,000 over 1 to 5 year terms.
- The earliest you can submit an application to the bank for a PCDL loan is 6 weeks prior to the course start date.
- Typically the loan approval process by the banks takes 2 weeks but can take longer.
- Once approved by the bank you will be issued with a loan agreement between yourself and the bank and a course start notification form that the Academy returns to the bank.
- Please be aware that your place is not guaranteed on the course until you have a letter of confirmation of your loan from the bank.
- After the start of the course the bank will transfer to the Chefs Academy your course fees.
- You will be responsible for maintaining the loan payments as per your agreement with your chosen bank.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
This loan is currently only available from the Co-operative bank:-
Our Learning Provider Number is 20908