There are a number of options for students requiring accommodation during their course:
- We maintain a list of local rooms and b&b's that offer affordable long-term accommodation in Ashburton, Exeter and the surrounding area;
- We offer a shared accommodation lodge at finlake holiday park (see below)
Whatever your accomodation requirements we are happy to provide support in this area. Please contact us to discuss your needs.
Our unique residential package for Chefs Academy students offers a fantastic experience that you won't find anywhere else. Set in 130 acres of magnificent Devon countryside, Finlake is one of the country's most sought after holiday destinations just 15 minutes from Ashburton.
Academy students share a luxury, 3-bedroomed woodland lodge which is fitted to the highest standards. Featuring a spacious shared lounge and dining area, tv, fitted kitchen & bathrooms, as well as outdoor deck and bbq areas.
Finlake offers a wealth of activities to help you relax after your training in the kitchen. Start the day with an early morning swim in the heated indoor pool, keep fit in the extensive fitness room, or enjoy one of the many woodland walks. Enjoy a fresh coffee in the park cafe, or unwind with a drink in the bar and restaurant with friends.
Accommodation includes access to all leisure facilities and free minibus transport between Finlake and the Ashburton Cookery School. Finlake is truly an inspirational setting from which to complete your studies at the Chefs Academy.
Restaurant, Cafe and Bar
Horse Riding & Walks
Fishing Lakes & Cycling Path
The Heart of Devon
Located just 15 minutes from the Academy, you will enjoy the peace of Finlakes rural location, while benefiting from the proximity to local town services of Chudleigh. You are also perfectly positioned to take advantage of all that Devon has to offer, with Dartmoor National Park on your doorstep and the Eat Devon coast just 15 minutes away.
Exeter is just 20 minutes by car which provides plenty in the way of shopping, services and entertainment. And of course, the Cornish border is only 1 hour away.
Devon is one of Europe's finest food regions, and you will be spoilt for choice when it comes to food producers, farmer's markets, fine restaurants and some of the UK's best pubs.
- Indoor heated swimming pool
- Outdoor heated swimming pool with giant water slide
- Gym and Tennis courts
- Health and Leisure club including sauna, steam room
- Bar and restaurant
- Fishing lakes
- Horse riding
- Walking and nature trails
- 9 hole golf course
- Farm shop
- TV with selected Freeview channels/DVD
- Kitchen including microwave and fridge/freezer
- Washing machine/dryer
- Bath and/or shower
- Decking area with patio furniture
- Double glazed and heated throughout
- Gas and electricity included
- Bed linen and duvets
- Free Car Parking
- Free minibus shuttle to and from Academy